Monday 15 June 2015

Reupolstered Chair

As you know I finished the "memorial chair" (AKA Crying Chair) a few weeks ago with my new upholstery gun . . . SO FUN . . . and I had been asked to do another one when that was finished.  Between the wedding shower quickly approaching and taking on another bridal gown (alteration) last week I thought I'd better get that done before I get started on anything else.  It would go quickly I said . . . It will be easy I said . . .

Well not so easy when you are taking apart a chair that is bolted together with 5" bolts, nuts and washers!

Here's the before pic! Kinda ugly with its fake/faux grey velvet!


And following a pics of putting it during the process.  While you might wonder why on earth would you leave the original fabric on . . . the answer is it was in really good condition and while it may have "looked" stained it was clean . . . so I kept it on!

Removal of the faux velvet revealed its "original"
 brown/tan looped nylon



Removed the back from the seat

Reveal of the back of the seat
after removal of the upper back

Arms removed

All apart now

Covered the original fabric with batting
 
And it's done - all put back together . . . even the arm that was separating from the bottom part is glued back on!

YES, SHE LOVES IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment