Monday 1 June 2015

Sail away . . .

well not really . . .

Summer is upon us and the back yard is coming along.  Several years ago I purchased a nylon shade sail at IKEA and covered it with some really cute flip flop sandal material to match all of the brightly coloured Adirondack chairs . . . towards the end of last year the chairs were becoming a bit "weathered" looking so I decided to make some changes and go with an anologous colour scheme red/orange/pink (notice these colours were the inspiration for my niece's wedding shower), so I started with red and white and orange curtains for the garage deck and got 8 red/white chair covers for $5 bucks each at SaveonFoods towards the end of the season.  Then this year I purchased 10 seat cushions from SaveonFoods for $2.25/cushion (but that's another Blog).

While I could have possibly chosen a coloured shade sail, I decided to keep the "big stuff" neutral and go with a painters tarp/burlap colour.

I purchased the two 10' triangular ones first to ensure I'd like them (Amazon $20/each) and then purchased the 20' X 20' with two poles to support the corners that couldn't be supported by either the garage or a tree!  Once I got the two 10' triangular ones up on the house deck I decided it wasn't enough and purchased a 12' one . . . here are the pics only of the shade sails installed this weekend.

 
 
 
 

This is the humungo 20' Square

If not for my very beautiful niece (Sydney) and her very handsome (AND TALL) boyfriend (Geoff) this could not have happened!

LOVE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment