Wednesday 1 July 2015

Table decorations and Kantha Quilts

About a year ago I purchased several Kantha quilts from India.  While I loved them and had great intentions to make these huge square seat hand stitched cushions it was a bit too much work for me at the time as I had WAY too many other things on the go.  So they sat there until now.

When I realized I was going to need something for everyone to sit on at the wedding shower I remembered the Kantha quilts and dug them out.  Four of the six I purchased were the colours I needed (orange, purple, red and pink) and while they had a beautiful pineapple and flower motif on one side it was the other (plain coloured) side that I will use for now.

It's no secret now that I have a HUGE back yard.  I love entertaining and having people over but really can you clean up after yourselves before you leave! LOL

I've been accused of having a lot of "chairs" by one of my nephews when he was a wee one and that could be true but I don't ever want anyone to be standing if they don't have to.

One of the big attractions when purchasing my teeny tiny house was the back yard and huge deck surrounded by a bench.  The bench has seen better days and it should probably be knocked down but that's another day . . . sigh . . .

To ensure everyone has a seat that is comfortable, the Kantha blankets couldn't have worked out any better for this year.  I'd purchased several but the colours (obviously) used for this event were purple, orange, red and pink (to match the napkins and of course keeping with the colour scheme).

I was going to just put panels of fabric on the deck seating but it looked terrible and moved on to Plan B - keep the blankets in their largest pieces (remember I'd cut some of them up to make the seat cushions) and drape them over the seating on the deck so no one hurt themselves on a spliter or heaven forbid a pine needle!

I also purchased 10 red/white seat cushions for $2.25 each (Superstore) to place around the deck for further comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment