Tuesday 17 May 2016

And yet another ottoman . . .

I started this project for my boss who was retiring in January.  I started it before he retired but kept having to put it aside due to other priorities.  He wasn't coming back from his trip to Australia any time soon so I thought I was good to go . . . nope, wrong, I had issues . . . with the project not me personally . . . LOL . . .




I wanted this to be special.  I'd previously sold him a couple of lounge type chairs for his upstairs balcony so I knew I wanted it to be orange and turquoise.  And I knew I wanted it to have some contrast.  In the meantime, I also needed to buy a new sewing machine so that set me back a bit too (computers these days)!




Long story short - I made the covering (piping and all) and I made it too small (there goes that math thing again) so I had to have my brother cut the base down by an entire inch all the way around.  Finally got it all stapled on and then realized I didn't like the underside so had to go out YET AGAIN and get something "appropriate".  He loves crosses so that's what he got.


Start off by spraying the legs


They needed more than one coat

Finished top (before legs were finished)

Classic fabric for underneath

Special personal touch


Last minute addition - but so glad I did it!




No comments:

Post a Comment