Friday 5 April 2013

It's Pillow Time . . .

Eight years (or so) ago when I moved in to my beautiful little 775 sq. ft. mansion I redecorated the living room (well I painted it) because I couldn't stand the Fir Tree Green and Burgundy that it was . . . I moved in on a Thursday night and I had the living room walls painted before the furniture arrived on Saturday.  If you know me, it didn't last long.  I found some linen fabric (two tones of beige) and made drapes for the large window - then I painted the living room again about six months later (not a drastic change but . . . ).  For Christmas that year my (very generous) boss gave me money to shop for fabric at a really cool store here called Chintz.  I purchased enough to cover three cushions (in silk) and a couple of shell decore items (which I still have - you can see them on the TV tower in the next blog).

I figured I've loved the cushions long enough - they're used every day and starting to look "weathered" and nothing inspires me more than the thought of having a girl party and want to punch up the room for spring (and hopefully for another 8 years).


Yes Kenzie sleeps on everything



And here are close-ups of the corners of the cushions





TOTAL COST: $67.00 (I had the lining for the backs of the gold and multi coloured pillows but used an "all around" fabric for the blue ruffled ones)
TOTAL TIME:  6 HOURS 

No comments:

Post a Comment