Monday 29 April 2013

Slipcovered Ottoman (Part 2)

It never fails, when my brother-in-law is out of town my sister spends a lot of time with me (and I LOVE it).  I also love it when I inspire people to do something I've attempted.  After spending the morning with my sister  and dropping off my car at the mechanics to have my snow tires switched out (and it's snowing today) we went for lunch.  Now what . . . "Do you want to help me slip cover my ottoman" she says . . . "why not" . . . so off to our favourite (well my favourite anyways) fabric store . . . she just needed trim.  We decided on two types - something really plain (black cotton piping) and added something that would really give it some punch (black pom poms with beads).  We used the same steps as in the basement bedroom ottoman that I did a few weeks ago.

Here are the pictures.  This ottoman has storage inside so the theory of having a slipcover you can remove easily is stellar!
Before

After

Close-up of the piping AND pom pom trim with beads
The caveat to all of this - I did all the measuring, cutting and sewing - my trusty assistant (my sister) did all of the ironing.

TOTAL COST: Trim and thread $24.15; Fabric - Unsure, you'd have to ask her.
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to know how you do piping. Or should I look it up on Google? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy Cheryl - I'll post some pics for instructions.

      Delete