Friday 19 April 2013

Oh yes I can! ! ! A little electrician in the making!

Almost a year ago I purchased two lights for my front and back door entries - the front door entry has a switch, the back door does not (same as the basement bedroom - it has just a off/on pull).  Therefore, unfortunately, I was informed by my electrician that I couldn't use the second one for the back door and decided to put it on the upstairs landing; and then move the one from there into the office - think I can't . . . think again . . . TURN OFF THE POWER TO THE SOURCE . . . white to white/black to black . . . and follow ALL directions including putting the proper wattage of light bulb in - and DONE!

Remember I live in a house built in 1948 and I have lemon meringue ceiling (which I never intend to get rid of) so it took me quite a bit of work to get it done properly (and YES I had to go up and down the stairs 15 times to get the right screw drivers, saw shims and replace the screws because the ones supplied weren't long enough . . . but I DID IT! and I'm quite proud of myself - it's not my first attempt at installing wired light fixtures but every time I attempt electrical I get nervous so I put it off until I don't have anything else to do and I'm filled with confidence (or stupidity)!

See for yourself!

Office Before


Office After - moved from the upstairs landing
Upstairs Landing After
 TOTAL COST: $29.99 PLUS GST
TOTAL TIME:  1 HOUR - Like I said - it's a lot of running up and down the stairs AGAIN to get the right tools - you'd think I'd learn!'

No comments:

Post a Comment