Saturday 11 May 2013

A little more light . . . a little less chatter . . .

You may be starting to get the impression that I like being an "electrician" . . . well one thing is for certain, I like making things, and chairs and lights are a couple of my passions (that and sewing the odd thing or two).

When I was making the "pot"  light pots for the pergola in the back yard, and because I'd purchased two extra solar powered bulbs, I iluminated two more things in the yard (a chicken wire pot, and a bird cage) . . . here's what they look like but truly I have another plan . . . to be blogged another time . . .
Twist a loop to hand the light from (made out of tie wire)

Bend the sides back so they hook on to the chicken wire

Hook on to the chicken wire and clip the bulb to the loop 
and I LOVE this one . . .

and if that wasn't enough I had one more bulb so I put it in the "wedding cage" . . . LOVE this one too!

TOTAL COST:  $7.00/bulb - everything else I had - the cage came from my daughter's wedding and has been sitting in the lumpy back garden for two years and the chicken wire pot was another gift from my boss (a gift certificate to my favourite garden centre, Wellington Gardens)

No comments:

Post a Comment