Saturday 25 May 2013

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes . . .

Well you know the rest . . . a baby of course . . .

and lots of them it seems these days . . .

Found this pattern on www.fleecefun.com and had to try it, mostly because someone else I know is having a baby but doesn't know the sex . . . and it's a lot harder to make a crocheted hat if you don't know the sex of the baby so you really need to do something generic.

I wanted to make little knit fabric touques (the ones you see on the newborns in the hospital) but if you can believe this there wasn't one piece of fabric in my favourite store that was appropriate.  Lots of knit fabric, but nothing that was "baby" . . . then I thought I'd use fleece but thought it was too thick . . . and because I had it in my head I was going to make them out of felt anyways I headed to the felt . . . note . . . the pattern is "fleecefun" and I'm using felt . . . tormented myself getting the felt when really I should have been looking for fleece all along . . . that'll be another blog now I guess . . . anyways . . .

Here's what I started with:  Five pieces of 8X10 felt; 2 red, two cream and 1 green


Cut as per pattern


I hand stitched the stems and embellished the leaves with embroidery thread.

Then I serged them together per the pattern instructions.

Here they are:

Pumpkin Hat

Apple Hat



And here is the little Apple of their Eye! Beautiful

TOTAL COST:  $3.32
TOTAL TIME:  1 HOUR

I'll post more if I make more out of the proper fabric next time . . . in the meantime I think these are pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment