Wednesday 26 June 2013

Time for a little yard work . . .

Day 12 of vacation and I've only today gotten in the yard to move some stuff around.  The "back" garden has been taken over by quack grass but there is some stuff in there I'd like to keep - the hostas being one!

They were hidden in the back corner near the Virginia Creeper (full of aphids) and while they were doing well they needed to be enjoyed and that wasn't happening in their present location.  So I dug them out . . . decided where I wanted them to go and started digging . . . by the 60 year old +\- tree . . . and I KNEW I was going to hit a root but hoped I wouldn't . . . well I did and here it is

I filled the wheel barrel with dirt I dug out


Cut off the root (literally it looks like a tree branch)

And transplanted the hostas 
TOTAL COST:  ZERO
TOTAL TIME:  A little over an hour - I reworked all of the mulch at the same time on that side of the yard - man I was pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment