Sunday 2 June 2013

More yard lighting

I love free . . . I also love recycling . . . I save jars for various reasons (mostly unknown) but I save them and my cleaning lady usually throws away the lids so I can't store anything in them . . .

I saw a couple of ideas using mason jars and knew I had at least ummmmm 10 of them . . . well maybe more but who's counting . . . and also knew that I had some glass beads, tie wire and t-lights . . . with the summer fast approaching and a hankering for some light now in the FRONT yard I set to work.

Here are my supplies:


6 jars
"A bunch" of glass beads
Tie Wire
Wire cutters

Measure the circumference of the jar - mine were basically 10" add what you have to to get a decent  sized handle and attaching loop (I used 22 to 24" lengths)

make a loop about 7" - 8" from one end by twisting with the plyers . . .



Now wrap it around the jar and join the long and short sides and twist THEM together


Twist the shorter end around and tuck it in and then take the longer end and loop it over and through the loop on the other side of the jar and secure . . . it doesn't matter how many times or how you do it, it's just random . . . then you have a handle that looks like this!



Now I have to make something so I can hang them in the tree in the yard, if you use string it could burn if you are using real candles, if you are using the Dollar Store type of flickering candle (2 for $1) you can use some type of string) what ever works!

Now put some beads in the bottom and place a candle inside!



Super easy and free

I'd show you what they look like in my fir tree but it's raining today so I'll have to post later!

LOVE IT!

TOTAL COST:  Free (had it all)
TOTAL TIME:  1 HOUR (or so)

No comments:

Post a Comment