Sunday 23 June 2013

Organza Flowers

Well I've been home 9 days and I've probably spent 6 of them INSIDE - the weather here has been horrible and I was supposed to go to Radium this week for a couple of days but due to road closures it's not looking promising (if at all).  Roads have actually been washed out in parts of Alberta and the Army (including my son-in-law) has gone to High River to help.  So I stay inside and make flowers - came up with this "bright" idea whilst drinking Sangria on Friday night (way too much of it I might add) and went to work yesterday.

I started with 5" squares of organza (4" squares for the smaller ones) and folded them like this (these are the smaller 4" flowers)
Fold in a Triangle, fold corners in and pin

I hand stitched these down with a running stitch


Gather stitch - pull tight, but not so tight you break the thread!

Clip off the corner


Take another piece and cut in half then fold in half

Clip off the corners

Gather all petals, felt and button

Glue down first petal with hot glue gun


Glue down second petal

Third petal

Fourth petal

Glue down button (aren't they beautiful)

Finished small flowers



TOTAL COST:  $5.00 (had lots of organza left over - the minimum I can purchase is .2M so will save for another project)
TOTAL TIME:  1/2 HOUR


No comments:

Post a Comment